eyeBeam was a voice-over-IP (VoIP) softphone for the Windows operating system produced by Vancouver-based CounterPath Corporation.The software uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to facilitate voice, video conferencing, and instant messaging. The product has been discontinued by the vendor.
Download eyeBeam for Mac to make calls over the internet. The Bria Solo free trial includes access to calling features that were previously not included in the X-Lite trial, like auto-answer, call transfer, and call recording. Also, add up to 5 voice accounts to streamline calling, and download apps on up to 3 devices.
The eyeBeam product was launched on September 13, 2004 for Windows as CounterPath Corporation's first video-capable softphone. A version for Mac computers followed shortly after on October 20, 2004, but was discontinued in 2011. Updates for eyeBeam 1.5, the last revision, ended in or before March, 2015 and the product is no longer available for sale as of March 31, 2018. On May 8, 2018, CounterPath announced that eyeBeam 1.5 will no longer function after May 5, 2019.
eyeBeam can be configured for use with many IP-PBX providers and softswitch systems, such as Asterisk and TalkSwitch, and is compatible with many unified communication solutions including those offered by Avaya, Oracle and Cisco.
- 2004 — Internet Telephony Magazine’s 'Product of the Year' Award.
- 2005 — Internet Telephony Magazine’s “INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence” Award.
- 2006 — Internet Telephony Magazine's 'Product of the Year' Award.
Eyebeam Free Download Windows 7
CounterPath also provided co-branded and private labeled versions of eyeBeam for enterprises, service providers and original equipment manufacturers.
Download Eyebeam For Windows 10
CounterPath's free softphone X-Lite was the forerunner of eyeBeam, and later versions of X-Lite were based on the newly developed architecture of eyeBeam, but with a limited feature set.
Eyebeam Free Download For Pc
- ^'Xten Adds Full Motion Video to VoIP With New SIP Softphone – eyeBeam'. CounterPath.com. 2004-09-13. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^'Xten Launches eyeBeam VoIP Softphone for Mac OS X and Announces 500,000 SIP Softphones Deployed'. CounterPath.com. 2004-10-20. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^'End of Sale Notice'. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
CounterPath is issuing notice that eyeBeam will no longer be sold on the CounterPath Store after March 31, 2018. Notice was previously issued on March 23, 2015 that there will be no further updates for this product.
- ^'A Phone Without a Phone'. TalkSwitch. 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- ^'Nortel Compatible Product Certificate for eyeBeam (Windows OS) by CounterPath Solutions on Software Communication System (SCS)'. Avaya. 2009-06-24. Archived from the original on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- ^'Oracle® Communications Converged Application Server Installation Guide - Release 5.0'. Oracle Corporation. 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- ^'How to configure Counterpath Eyebeam and Bria SIP softphones with Callmanager 6.x 7.x'. Cisco Systems. 2009-01-28. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- ^'Xten Networks Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY® Magazine's 'Product of the Year' Award for 2004'. CounterPath.com. 2005-01-05. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^'Announcing The Internet Telephony Excellence Awards'. tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^'2006 Product of the Year Award'. tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^'CounterPath EyeBeam'. SIP Forum. Archived from the original on 2011-11-13. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- ^'Software-Based VoIP Services And Applications'. About.com. 2011-03-02. Retrieved 2011-11-23.